Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Upcoming Classes for 2010 ....

Greetings to all you stitching people out there!

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Marcy and, for now at least, I will be posting information about the Keystone Chapter's upcoming events, eye candy, gossip and whatever else may seem blog-worthy.

It's hard to believe that we are talking about 2010 already but it will be here before we know it. Right now, I am busy stitching gifts for Christmas plus a couple ornaments I decided to do yesterday for my 2 nephews for Halloween (I best be hustling, don't ya think?). Anyway, after all the holiday excitement settles down and the dreary month of February descends, I always like to begin the new year stitching something for myself.

Luckily, beginning with the new year, Keystone will be offering an extended class (probably 3 or 4 months long) of Toccata 3 by The Drawn Thread. The instructors for this lovely piece will be Joyce and myself. The choices of fabric and thread colors will be left to the individual stitchers. Of course, we all love seeing the different color combinations. Joyce has already picked hers but I'm still thinking -- so many choices, it's difficult to make a decision.

A second class offering for 2010 is a pattern by Handblessings called Butterfly Garden Needlepoint Quilt. This cute little quilt is stitched on canvas and again, stitcher's choice for thread colors. It's an easy stitch, good for beginners and will make a lovely little ornament or small box top or whatever. Marcy, that's me, will be teaching this one. I have already done it and had a wonderful time playing with thread colors.

In addition, more classes are in the planning (there is talk of Christmas stockings for July) but I will leave them for another time.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I started Toccata - got in 2 of the alphabet letters, then put it aside to get back to things that needed my attention. Did read all the directions and I know it's going to be a good one. I like to keep ahead so that I can point out all of my mistakes...

    ReplyDelete